On Friday 29 June the candidates for the Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) Rector’s position introduced themselves to the University community in the open meeting organised by the KTU Council and held at KTU Santaka Valley. The 11 candidates, among them – one overseas citizen and one Lithuanian residing in the United States – presented their visions, plans of activity and answered the questions of the Community.
In their speeches, most of the candidates were emphasising internationality of research and studies; interdisciplinarity, academic freedom, openness to community and aim to pool talent from Lithuania and abroad were among the key values noted. The Meeting was broadcasted live to the University community.
The Rector is being elected in public international competition and appointed by the KTU Council. The election process is being organised by the working party assembled from the Council members. The closed meeting of the Council where the Rector will be elected will take place no later than in 20 days after the Open Meeting. The term of office for the Rector is 5 years.
“We have strong candidates, possessing clear visions for the University development. Today we have had the opportunity to witness their introduction and to hear their answers to the most important questions. This provides more information on the candidates – about their professional and personal qualities, about their abilities to react to certain situations, about their priorities and values. The Council now faces a very difficult task possessing high level of responsibility – to choose the best from the candidates”, said Kęstutis Šliužas, General Manager of Telia Lietuva, the Chairman of the Election Board, member of the KTU Council.
As it was announced before, the candidates for the KTU Rector’s position are (in alphabetical order):
- Rimvydas Baltaduonis, Doctor of Social Sciences, Associate Professor in the Economics Department, Gettysburg College (Pennsylvania, USA)
- Aivaras Kareiva, Doctor of Science in Chemistry, Director in the Institute of Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry and Geosciences, Vilnius University
- Rytis Krušinskas, Doctor of Social Sciences, Professor in the School of Economics and Business, Chairman of the Senate, Kaunas University of Technology
- Sanjay Misra, Doctor of Science in Software Engineering, Professor of Computer (Software) Engineering, Covenant University (Ota, Nigeria)
- Algirdas Pakštas, Doctor of Science in Systems Programming, Professor at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
- Renaldas Raišutis, Doctor of Science in Measurement Engineering, Head of Digital Modelling Laboratory in Kazimieras Baršauskas Ultrasound Research Institute, Professor in the Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Kaunas University of Technology
- Vidas Raudonis, Doctor of Science in Informatics Engineering, Principal Investigator, Associate Professor in the Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Kaunas University of Technology
- Raimundas Šiaučiūnas, Doctor of Science in Technology, Professor in the Faculty of Chemical Technology, Kaunas University of Technology
- Jurgita Šiugždinienė, Doctor of Social Sciences, Associate Professor in the Faculty of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Rector ad Interim, Kaunas University of Technology
- Eugenijus Valatka, Doctor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Chemical Technology, Kaunas University of Technology
- Andrius Vilkauskas, Doctor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Design, Kaunas University of Technology
The open international competition for the position of KTU Rector complies with the Law on Higher Education and Research of Lithuania, KTU Statute and other legislations and was announced by the KTU Council on 11 December 2017. The deadline for the submission of documents for participating in the Competition was 28 May 2018, 12pm.
Pranešimą paskelbė: Paulina Kuzmickaitė, Kauno technologijos universitetasPrekės pigiau: